Re: When will bsnmp stop breaking -current builds

From: Harti Brandt <hartmut.brandt_at_dlr.de>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 15:29:52 +0100 (CET)
On Wed, 8 Mar 2006, Dag-Erling Sm?rgrav wrote:

DS>Harti Brandt <hartmut.brandt_at_dlr.de> writes:
DS>> You seem to be the only one having this problem, so this looks like
DS>> a problem on your side.
DS>
DS>Far from it.  I had the same problem, and solved it by adding a
DS>NO_BSNMP knob (see attached patch).

So you're the 2nd. Anyone else? I also wonder whether I overlooked a bug
report from you.

DS>The deeper problem is that gensnmptree is a build tool, but isn't
DS>treated as such by the build system, so cross-builds and source
DS>updates from older versions are broken.

I checked that gensnmptree does not generated these useless references
since at least early 2001.

gensnmptree has been a build tool up to Rev. 1.479 of Makefile.inc1. Then
this was removed by ru with a comment that we don't support upgrades from
pre-5.3. gensnmptree has not changed since then (at least with regard to
the bug). Shouldn't it be in cross-tools then?

I've set a Cc: to ru. Maybe he can comment.

harti