Re: flash and firefox

From: Alexander Leidinger <Alexander_at_Leidinger.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 10:27:40 +0100
Eric Anderson <anderson_at_centtech.com> wrote:

> Strange - I have native firefox, with flash and acrobat reader 7, all
> working nice in 6-STABLE.  I did have to apply the

On -current we have symbol versioning (thats a good new feature) and the
problem is, that linuxpluginwrapper is not being able to handle it yet.

> rtld_dlsym_hack.diff patch though to make flash happy.  Linux-firefox
> however is more stable than native wrt flash.  I find the
> linux-firefox looks different, and the fonts are somewhat different
> in a strange kind of way, but not that noticeable.

We use an old gtk and an old freetype in the linuxolator (an update of the
linux userland bits is upcomming, after the freeze I will commit the first
step). This may be the cause of the difference. Additionally you may not
have the same theme engine available on the linux side.

Bye,
Alexander.

--
http://www.Leidinger.net  Alexander _at_ Leidinger.net: PGP ID = B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org     netchild _at_ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID = 72077137

The lines are all busy (busied out, that is -- why let them in to begin
with?)