kbdmux/syscons/vidcontrol interacts badly with X/radeon

From: Ulrich Spoerlein <q_at_galgenberg.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 23:35:01 +0100
Hi all,

this pertains to 6.1-PRERELEASE and is caused by devd calling 'syscons
restart' on keyboard attach. More specifically it is due to
allscreens_flags="-c blink 80x60" in /etc/rc.conf. This will then call
vidcontrol and this totally screws up my X11 display (radeon driver).
Killing X11 will _usually_ result in a normal console, but this is not
always the case. Clearing allscreens_flags is also a possibile
workaround.

Also, on normal boot, vidcontrol will be called twice, once in normal
startup, then via kbdmux/devd/syscons restart.

Possible solution: Don't do a full restart, but refactor the keyboard
code in syscons into a separate function and only call this function.

I hope this can be implemented quickly and MFC'ed before 6.1. Thanks!

Ulrich Spoerlein
--
 PGP Key ID: 20FEE9DD				Encrypted mail welcome!
Fingerprint: AEC9 AF5E 01AC 4EE1 8F70  6CBD E76E 2227 20FE E9DD