PAE again

From: Balgansuren Batsukh <balgaa_at_mongol.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 14:21:08 +0800
Hello,

I done FreeBSD-6.1-RELEASE on Dell PowerEdge 6800 server with 32GB RAM and cvsuped to March 16 our localtime.

When I try to compile kernel options PAE i get following error:
--param inline-unit-growth=100 --param large-function-growth=1000  -mno-align-long-strings -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  -mno-mmx -mno-3dnow -mno-sse -mno-sse2 -ffreestanding -Werror  /usr/src/sys/fs/deadfs/dead_vnops.c
cc -c -O -pipe  -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -std=c99 -g -nostdinc -I-  -I. -I/usr/src/sys -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/altq -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/pf -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/ath -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/ath/freebsd -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ngatm -I/usr/src/sys/dev/twa -D_KERNEL -DHAVE_KERNEL_OPTION_HEADERS -include opt_global.h -fno-common -finline-limit=8000 --param inline-unit-growth=100 --param large-function-growth=1000  -mno-align-long-strings -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2  -mno-mmx -mno-3dnow -mno-sse -mno-sse2 -ffreestanding -Werror  /usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c: In function `devfs_purge':
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c:268: warning: implicit declaration of function `_sx_assert'
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c:268: warning: nested extern declaration of `_sx_assert'
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c: In function `devfs_populate_loop':
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c:327: warning: nested extern declaration of `_sx_assert'
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c:268: warning: redundant redeclaration of '_sx_assert'
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c:268: warning: previous implicit declaration of '_sx_assert' was here
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c: In function `devfs_populate':
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c:444: warning: nested extern declaration of `_sx_assert'
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c:268: warning: redundant redeclaration of '_sx_assert'
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c:268: warning: previous implicit declaration of '_sx_assert' was here
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c: In function `devfs_cleanup':
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c:456: warning: nested extern declaration of `_sx_assert'
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c:268: warning: redundant redeclaration of '_sx_assert'
/usr/src/sys/fs/devfs/devfs_devs.c:268: warning: previous implicit declaration of '_sx_assert' was here
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/BASE.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/src.
base#

Kernel config file:

============

machine         i386
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           BASE

# To statically compile in device wiring instead of /boot/device.hints
#hints          "GENERIC.hints"         # Default places to look for devices.

makeoptions     DEBUG=-g                # Build kernel with gdb(1) debug symbols

options         SCHED_4BSD              # 4BSD scheduler
options         PREEMPTION              # Enable kernel thread preemption
options         INET                    # InterNETworking
options         FFS                     # Berkeley Fast Filesystem
options         SOFTUPDATES             # Enable FFS soft updates support
options         UFS_ACL                 # Support for access control lists
options         UFS_DIRHASH             # Improve performance on big directories
options         MD_ROOT                 # MD is a potential root device
options         CD9660                  # ISO 9660 Filesystem
options         PROCFS                  # Process filesystem (requires PSEUDOFS)
options         PSEUDOFS                # Pseudo-filesystem framework
options         GEOM_GPT                # GUID Partition Tables.
options         COMPAT_43               # Compatible with BSD 4.3 [KEEP THIS!]
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD4         # Compatible with FreeBSD4
options         COMPAT_FREEBSD5         # Compatible with FreeBSD5
options         SCSI_DELAY=5000         # Delay (in ms) before probing SCSI
options         KTRACE                  # ktrace(1) support
options         SYSVSHM                 # SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 # SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 # SYSV-style semaphores
options         _KPOSIX_PRIORITY_SCHEDULING # POSIX P1003_1B real-time extensions
options         KBD_INSTALL_CDEV        # install a CDEV entry in /dev
options         AHC_REG_PRETTY_PRINT    # Print register bitfields in debug
                                        # output.  Adds ~128k to driver.
options         ADAPTIVE_GIANT          # Giant mutex is adaptive.

options         IPFIREWALL              #firewall
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE      #enable logging to syslogd(8)
options         IPFIREWALL_VERBOSE_LIMIT=100    #limit verbosity
options         IPDIVERT                #divert sockets
device          apic                    # I/O APIC

options         PAE
options         SMP

options         DDB
options         KDB
options         GDB
options         INVARIANTS
options         WITNESS

# Bus support.
device          pci

# Floppy drives
device          fdc
# SCSI Controllers
device          ahc             # AHA2940 and onboard AIC7xxx devices
device          mpt             # LSI-Logic MPT-Fusion
# SCSI peripherals
device          scbus           # SCSI bus (required for SCSI)
device          ch              # SCSI media changers
device          da              # Direct Access (disks)
device          sa              # Sequential Access (tape etc)
device          cd              # CD
device          pass            # Passthrough device (direct SCSI access)
device          ses             # SCSI Environmental Services (and SAF-TE)

# RAID controllers interfaced to the SCSI subsystem
device          amr             # AMI MegaRAID
# atkbdc0 controls both the keyboard and the PS/2 mouse
device          atkbdc          # AT keyboard controller
device          atkbd           # AT keyboard
device          psm             # PS/2 mouse

device          vga             # VGA video card driver

device          splash          # Splash screen and screen saver support

device          sc

device          sio             # 8250, 16[45]50 based serial ports
device          miibus          # MII bus support
device          bge             # Broadcom BCM570xx Gigabit Ethernet
# Pseudo devices.
device          loop            # Network loopback
device          random          # Entropy device
device          ether           # Ethernet support
device          pty             # Pseudo-ttys (telnet etc)
device          md              # Memory "disks"
# The `bpf' device enables the Berkeley Packet Filter.
# Be aware of the administrative consequences of enabling this!
# Note that 'bpf' is required for DHCP.
device          bpf             # Berkeley packet filter

# USB support
device          uhci            # UHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ohci            # OHCI PCI->USB interface
device          ehci            # EHCI PCI->USB interface (USB 2.0)
device          usb             # USB Bus (required)
device          ugen            # Generic
device          uhid            # "Human Interface Devices"
device          ukbd            # Keyboard
device          ums             # Mouse

I added NO_MODULES= to /etc/make.conf, but I can't compile kernel now.

Balgaa