Re: mergemaster broken?

From: Ruslan Ermilov <ru_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 08:45:28 +0200
On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 03:41:45PM -0800, Steve Kargl wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 20, 2006 at 03:40:06PM -0800, John-Mark Gurney wrote:
> >
> > Should we also document that -m is suppose to be src's etc dir instead
> > of src?  I've accidentally pointed -m at src, and then it does a make
> > which is quite ammuzing as it's completely the wrong thing...  Or now
> > that we call outside of /etc, should we make -m really point to src,
> > and have the proper calls add etc to the directory?
> >

> Although you may already realize this, in this case -m did not work.
> I haven't tried -m with ru's patch.

Doesn't really matter, mergemaster(8) was broken because it was
written when we didn't have correct wrappers for "distrib-dirs"
and "distribution", upgrade and cross-arch friendly, at the top
level.

Anyway, attached is the patch I'd like to commit after a nod
from Doug.  It fixes mergemaster(8) to use src/Makefile wrappers
for distrib-dirs and distribution targets, and makes it use
TARGET_ARCH instead of faking up MACHINE_ARCH, now that it uses
the correct wrappers.  It also makes ${SOURCEDIR} and -m point
at the src/ top, as documented in a manpage.

Cheers,
--
Ruslan Ermilov
ru_at_FreeBSD.org