Re: UFS2 Snapshots in 6.1-Beta4 - Confirmed Problems

From: John Kozubik <john_at_kozubik.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:07:32 -0800 (PST)
Kris, et al.,

On Thu, 23 Mar 2006, Kris Kennaway wrote:

> > > I ran a (completion of) your script in a loop for about 24 hours and
> > > it didn't deadlock.  This may be because there was a second set of
> > > fixes that was merged in to 6.x a day or two ago.  Are you able to
> > > confirm whether they indeed fixed this problem?
> >
> > What ratio of snapshots / rms did you run ?
>
> 3/3, as you suggested.

Ok.  If you have code that is newer than the 6.1-BETA4 ISO that I
downloaded to do my tests with, then perhaps it is fixed.  Could you try
it one more time, though, with:

8 snapshots / 4 rms  ?

If it lives through that, doing big rms of source trees on the FS that is
snapshotted (8 times), then I guess it is fixed.

Thanks.

-----
John Kozubik - john_at_kozubik.com - http://www.kozubik.com