devfs ruleset 4 (jails)

From: Raphael H. Becker <rabe_at_p-i-n.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 09:35:03 +0200
Hello *,

I hope this is not a FAQ: what is wrong about

# devfs -m /data/jails/pinserv3j01.p-i-n.com/dev/ ruleset 4

After this command there still is some critical stuff in the jail's /dev:

# ls  /data/jails/pinserv3j01.p-i-n.com/dev/
acpi            fd              ptyp2           ttyp7
amr0            fd0             ptyp3           ttyp8
amrd0           fido            ptyp4           ttyp9
amrd0s1         geom.ctl        ptyp5           ttyv0
amrd0s1a        io              ptyp6           ttyv1
amrd0s1b        kbd0            ptyp7           ttyv2
amrd0s1c        klog            ptyp8           ttyv3
amrd0s1d        kmem            ptyp9           ttyv4
amrd0s1e        lpt0            random          ttyv5
amrd0s1f        lpt0.ctl        stderr          ttyv6
apm             mdctl           stdin           ttyv7
ata             mem             stdout          ttyv8
atkbd0          net             sysmouse        ttyv9
bpsm0           net1            ttyd0           ttyva
cd0             net2            ttyd0.init      ttyvb
console         net3            ttyd0.lock      ttyvc
consolectl      network         ttyd1           ttyvd
ctty            nfs4            ttyd1.init      ttyve
cuad0           nfslock         ttyd1.lock      ttyvf
cuad0.init      null            ttyp0           urandom
cuad0.lock      pass0           ttyp1           usb
cuad1           pci             ttyp2           usb0
cuad1.init      ppi0            ttyp3           xpt0
cuad1.lock      psm0            ttyp4           zero
devctl          ptyp0           ttyp5
devstat         ptyp1           ttyp6

In /etc/defaults/devfs.rules
# Devices usually found in a jail.
#
[devfsrules_jail=4]
add include $devfsrules_hide_all
add include $devfsrules_unhide_basic
add include $devfsrules_unhide_login

I'd expect not to see at least any amr* and cua* devices in this /dev

Even the following isn't working:
# devfs -m /data/jails/pinserv3j01.p-i-n.com/dev/ rule applyset

# uname -srm
FreeBSD 6.1-PRERELEASE i386

... with sources from last friday.

BTW: I use jailctl-0.71 from the ports to manage my jails. Maybe there's
something broken?

Any idea?

With best regards
Raphael Becker