Re: bin/94767: [patch] rcorder(8) dumps core when does not use a proper RCng script (dansguardian)

From: Adrian Steinmann <ast_at_marabu.ch>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 16:09:21 +0200
On Mar 27, 2006, at 10:00, Ganbold wrote:

> I tested your test script and found out the way to avoid core dump
> in rcorder.
> I didn't quite get the #if 0 lines that you provide in patch.

well, my #if 0 was just a way to "comment out" those free() calls...

I didn't check Dragonfly but simply suspected freeing too early. It
was a mistake to leave that in for the PR, it was just a local test.

> So I'm bit confused here which type of patch we should apply.
> I guess we should follow Dragonfly. Maybe I' wrong.
> Can somebody enlighten me here?

It seems there was a "cleanup" in rcorder.c lately, and maybe those
introduced the bugs. But commenting (or #ifdef-ing out) those
free()'s is probably better than having rcorder dump core.

I just reworked my solution not to use rcorder but tsort... I know
that doesn't help here, sorry.

Adrian