device atpic to be deprecated?

From: Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 02:05:27 -0600
While searching the mailing lists recently on an unrelated subject, I happened across a message mentioning the intended removal of "device atpic" in 7.0.  So, I tried building a kernel without it on my RELENG_6 amd64 box (nVidia nForce 3 chipset) and discovered that it was unable to mount the root slice.

Naturally, I'm a little concerned about this.  :-)

Is the plan still in effect to abolish this device?

--
Conrad J. Sabatier <conrads_at_cox.net> -- "In Unix veritas"