Re: REMINDER: Re: HEADS UP: network stack and socket hackery over the next few weeks

From: Robert Watson <rwatson_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 18:11:53 +0000 (GMT)
On Wed, 29 Mar 2006, Skip Ford wrote:

>> The following protocols are not updated for the new world order, and do not
>> have a maintainer:
>>
>>     netatm
>>
>> I will commit the changes to make netatm compile, but am pretty sure there
>> will be socket reference problems.
>
> I've been working on bringing netatm into compliance with the new world
> order.  There are currently so many other problems with netatm, socket
> reference problems aren't likely to cause much more of a headache for users.
> :-)
>
> I have a list of half a dozen or so netatm panics prior to your changes,
> without exercising much of code over just a few days. I've fixed two panics
> locally, the rest still exist in my tree, and all are still in HEAD.
>
> I don't believe the version in the tree can even do the simplest of tasks.
> My version at least has minimal functionality but I can still make it panic
> within seconds.  So, it's hard for me to believe anyone will notice when
> it's disconnected from the build. That's not to say they won't miss it in a
> release though.

Ah, great.  Please feel free to drop me (or Harti, or whomever) netatm patches
to bring in.  I will move ahead with disconnecting netatm (which primarily
means not building it in LINT at this point), and merge my changes.  Let me
know if I can be of any use in working out issues in getting netatm updated
with respect to the sockets side of the house.

Robert N M Watson