mysql performance test results under FreeBSD-7.0-CURRENT

From: Ganbold <ganbold_at_micom.mng.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 15:24:46 +0900
Hi all,

I did make some mysql performance tests under FreeBSD-7.0-CURRENT with
various
scheduler and compile time options.
It seems like mysql(BUILD_OPTIMIZED=yes, BUILD_STATIC=yes,
WITH_PROC_SCOPE_PTH=yes)-libpthread-tsc-sched_4bsd+preemption gives
better performance.

The test results are at:

http://www.mnbsd.org/ftp/mysql_test_results.txt

There are several things I didn't test and this leads to some questions:

1. I didn't make test with Poul-Henning's CPU accounting patch. Somehow
I can't apply it (http://phk.freebsd.dk/patch/cpu_acct_2.patch) cleanly.
Where can I find latest patch?
When this patch will be included in CURRENT?

2. I didn't make test with Robert Watson's patch
(http://www.watson.org/~robert/freebsd/clock/)? Does CURRENT src tree
include it? If not when this patch will be included in CURRENT?

3. I did make tests with default malloc in CURRENT. I'm confused what
malloc options should try (jemalloc? phkmalloc?) What is the default
malloc in CURRENT? How to use these different mallocs?

thanks in advance,

Ganbold