Re: away

From: Danny Pansters <danny_at_ricin.com>
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 02:50:09 +0200
On Friday 31 March 2006 02:13, David Xu wrote:
> ÔÚ Thursday 30 March 2006 23:05£¬Erich Dollansky дµÀ£º
>
> > Hi David,
> >
> > David Xu wrote:
> > > I will go away today due to some unpleasant person attack to me, in the
>
> past,
>
> > let me tell you about a conversation I have had recently with a Chinese.
> > He wondered how people with a different social background handle things
> > like this.
> >
> > He learned that a situation which makes Chinese mortal enemies for at
> > least a year makes people having a beer on the very next day if they
> > come from a different background.
> >
> > He learned this with his own experience.
> >
> > > because the work load was large, I admit I have made some coding
> > > mistakes which some people think it is serious while other don't think
> > > so,
> >
> > People who criticize you do no mistakes?
> >
> > > made to me is very harmful, I feel I can not recover from such
> > > disaster,
> >
> > What disaster?
> >
> > Did you do some work for that big software company known for their
> > 'open' software?
> >
> > Take a break!
> >
> > Erich
>
> Thanks for you encourage, the disaster is my skill was doubted and insulted
> and I may lose job opportunity, this can kill me if it is widely spreaded.

Well it just may be that the eye of the beholder isn't that clear at all. I
think you're viewing all this in a much too modest way, it may be a cultural
difference. I think instead you should take the stance that with your work
things work and without it doesn't and is there anyone as qualified as you
who w/could suggest another way? (answer will be a long silence mostly).

How come you're so insecure? Everything points to that. Why? You know much
more than most of us do. The people paying you should know better than to
judge you based on what people _not_ paying you are saying (even if those are
right. then you can adapt, no? that's what open source is about, and maybe
you'll finally get the feedback you always wanted in the process -- I said we
were short of people, we're even more short of feedback generally).

Also, kudos to DES who I think handled the damage control as best as possible.
Well done there.

Take a vacation David, and then just come back, that would be my advice if
anyone cares ;-)

(and yeah I can be a prick ever so often by my own device, and feel ashamed
for it later. people are people)

Dan