Re: mysql performance test results under FreeBSD-7.0-CURRENT

From: Darren Pilgrim <darren.pilgrim_at_bitfreak.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 19:44:56 -0800
The timing of this thread is fantastic, as I just happen to be getting to
the point in my self-taught pseudo-recertiftication where I'm brushing up on
the installation and tuning of MySQL and Postgres.  Installation was the
easy part, but I've run into a bit of trouble finding really good references
on tuning the MySQL server under FreeBSD.  Linux stuff is there, but many of
the metrics and tunables used are Linux specific or, as is common to a lot
of Linux How-to stuff, has giant gaping holes in them from my
FreeBSD-centric point of view.  Any pointers (meaning URLs or books)?