Re: away

From: Peter Kieser <pfak_at_telus.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 22:51:20 -0800
David Xu wrote:
> ÔÚ Thursday 30 March 2006 23:05£¬Erich Dollansky дµÀ£º
>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> What disaster?
>>
>> Did you do some work for that big software company known for their
>> 'open' software?
>>
>> Take a break!
>>
>> Erich
>>

> Thanks for you encourage, the disaster is my skill was doubted and insulted
> and I may lose job opportunity, this can kill me if it is widely spreaded.
>
> Regards,
> David Xu

David,

People make mistakes, all the time. You move on from them, and learn
from them.. Your employer (or future employer) should understand this,
or they are not someone you should work for. The work you have done for
FreeBSD in the past (and hopefully the future) is some of the hardest
parts of code to work on, and we commend you for your effort to do so.

Over the past years (6?) lurking on the mailing lists, I have seen much
worse personal attacks occur then this one -- I have seen the core team
change (and some say for better or worse?), and I have tried to stay
objective. You are needed, and wanted on the team. You do not have a
large ego, and mostly stay in the background with your work.

I urge you to stay. I am quite impressed by your work..

Add oil,

--Peter