Re: cc can't build 32-bit executables on amd64

From: Danny Braniss <danny_at_cs.huji.ac.il>
Date: Tue, 02 May 2006 12:46:50 +0300
> I tend to get snippy towards the end of release cycles, and I apologize
> to those I've offended or have been needlessly rude to.  But please hear
> me out on what I have to say here....

> The release process is about balancing the need to "get it done" with
> the need to "get it as good as possible".  The time to identify and fix
> problems is during the BETA phase, so please help us to make that
> happen.  And if we get to the RC phase and something is broken or
> unfinished, then please help us to get it resolved for the next release.

Just speeking for myself, and maybe others think like me :-), I have been
running 6.1-XXX on several servers and work stations all along, and
haven't felt any panics or serious problems to report, so sorry :-)
[there of cource problems, slowness of network come to mind]

So please, keep the good work!

danny