DRI seems to bee broken

From: Peter Klett <peter_at_netkey.at>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 16:10:12 +0200
Hello CURRENT,

my system has been cvsup'd yesterday, world is approx. 4 weeks old, kernel was
compiled yesterday. When I try to start X (xorg 6.9.0) my screen gets dark
and Xorg uses up to 100% cpu. Pressing any key just don't help at all. I can
log into my box via ssh but cannot kill the process.

If I comment out the module "dri" entry in xorg.conf everything works
again :-)

An old kernel (1 month old) works with the dri setting. Could it just be
because world and kernel are out of sync ?

Thx for any input.

greetings Peter