Re: cc can't build 32-bit executables on amd64

From: Mark Linimon <linimon_at_lonesome.com>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 15:18:47 -0500
On Tue, May 02, 2006 at 08:55:02PM +0300, Giorgos Keramidas wrote:
> A wise quote too.  Mark obviously knows what he is talking about.
> It took me the better part of ten years to realise the truth in what
> Mark wrote :-)

Remember, I've been doing this for a _lot_ longer than 10 years :-)

It took me quite a while to learn it, and even that was on embedded systems
where the code was much smaller and centrally controlled than an entire OS
plus utilities plus applications.  The problem space was orders of magnitude
smaller, and the code only needed to run on one piece of hardware.  Even so,
there was always something else that was broken ...

mcl