SGI kernel braindump.

From: Julian Elischer <julian_at_elischer.org>
Date: Thu, 04 May 2006 11:15:18 -0700
One of the (ex) main developers for the SGI SMP scheduler and related fields
has offered to do a brain dump, possibly with some of his
ex-cohorts of what they learned in their efforts to make SGI's unix  do
good SMP
scheduling.

This would be in the guise of the July 5 BAFUG meeting, and would be
webcast as usual, so People from all-over could attend.

If we do this I'd like to make sure that there are enough interested
people to make it worth the time of these people to go out of their way
to collect
together information and make presentations, and I'd also like to ask
that interested people
start thinking about quuestions they'd like to ask.  I'd like to start
by collecting
questions  ASAP so that I can forward them on to the speaker to help
hi,m gather together
information that would be useful for us.

Let the comments and Questions come in please!

Julian

p.s. Last night's recordings of Alan Cox's and Nate Walker's talks
will be put up for download in the next couple of days.