Re: CFT: new ath hal (take 2)

From: JoaoBR <joao_at_matik.com.br>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 08:45:17 -0300
On Sunday 07 May 2006 22:09, Sam Leffler wrote:
> I don't know why you are posting patches like this; they include changes
> that are not MFC'd for specific reasons.  I've already told you
> privately that the new hal has nothing to do with the issue of
> supporting the 1/2 and 1/4-rate channels in the public safety band (as
> enabled with regdomain 18).
>
> If people want to try the new hal on a branch other than HEAD they
> should follow the directions I gave in my original mail (modulo my
> obtuseness).  I did not tell people to take the driver off head or
> anything similar.  You need ONE change; the change in rev 1.143 of
> if_ath.c that explicitly casts the bus tag and bus handle parameters in
> the call to ath_hal_attach.  The main reason for the new hal is to fix
> sparc64 support (and possibly alpha).

you are really a piece of work my friend

first you give vague info and incorrect instructions and then you bark around
when I try to help others which might have had the same dificulties to follow
your brilliant mind

since you like to be specific, here it is:

> is known to work on sparc (tested) and may well work on alpha

does not mean at all that it is the "main reason" like you claim above

and what you sell here:

> Note that to use this hal with RELENG_6 or other branches  other than HEAD
you must have rev 1.143 of if_ath.c

is incorrect or at least very very bad explained

and this way (my patch) using part of if_ath.c v.1.143, the 4.9Ghz channel
mismatch (overlapping with 11g channels) is very well addressed
and even if it has nothing to do with the 9.17 HAL it resolves for now the
issue

and to answer your assumptions, I never said this is a MFC patch or whatever
and is ment only to help whom may be interested to build the 9.17 HAL on
releng_6

I hope you do not mean it like it sounds but FYI put perhaps you could
overview your way of talking. Beeing the boss does not require beeing harsh.

Joćo