Re: DMA no active on HL-DT-STCD-RW/DVD

From: Dag-Erling Smørgrav <des_at_des.no>
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 16:39:19 +0200
"Angka H. K." <harikurniawan_at_gmail.com> writes:
> angka# atacontrol mode acd0 udma33
> current mode = WDMA2
> [...]
> ata0-slave: pio=PIO4 wdma=WDMA2 udma=UNSUPPORTED cable=40 wire
> ata0-master: pio=PIO4 wdma=WDMA2 udma=UDMA100 cable=80 wire

First of all, your drive does not support UDMA.  Second, it does
support WDMA, and that's what it's configured for.  Third, there's
something weird with the cable; ata reports that ad0 is on an 80-wire
cable while acd0 is on a 40-wire cable, but since they're master and
slave on the same channel, they're on the same cable.

I would try changing the cable, making sure that the drives are in the
correct order on the cable, and if possible moving the CD drive to the
second channel (don't forget to set the jumpers to master / single)

DES
--
Dag-Erling Smørgrav - des_at_des.no