SMP on MacBook Pro, some new info

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Sun, 14 May 2006 16:03:59 -0700
Hi,

I have discovered that it's possible with a very good repeatability (90%
or more) to start the second core by pressing power button promptly
during the 5 second period when BSP have sent startup IPIs already and
is waiting for the AP going online. I am not sure how to interpret this
info - perhaps there is some problem with caching BSPs LAPIC writes, and
interrupt generated by the power button causes the cache to be flushed.

Any ideas?

-Maxim