Re: DMA no active on HL-DT-STCD-RW/DVD

From: Dmitry Pryanishnikov <dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 16:03:31 +0300 (EEST)
Hello!

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Angka H. K. wrote:
>>   This is either mwDMA or UDMA - hardware is only capable doing one of
>> these
>> modes (besides PIO). Linux just doesn't tell you which kind of *DMA it's
>> using.
>

> How can I verify this ? I want to know which DMA is active or there is no
> way to do it ?

  Sorry, I don't know how to determine current transfer mode in Linux. You
should ask this in Linux forum.

>> > exception for this is Fedora using DRI and FBSD 7 not using DRI.
>>
>>   DRI can really make a big difference!
>

> I use xv though to play this (-vo xv). Is xv using DRI ?

  You can easily verify whether direct rendering is in use with 'glxinfo'
utility. Also you can analyze log of your X server.

Sincerely, Dmitry
--
Atlantis ISP, System Administrator
e-mail:  dmitry_at_atlantis.dp.ua