Re: BSDInstaller snapshot

From: Rostislav Krasny <rosti.bsd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2006 08:43:10 +0300
On Tue, 16 May 2006 10:01:00 +1200
Andrew Turner <andrew_at_fubar.geek.nz> wrote:

> Rostislav Krasny wrote:
> > http://people.freebsd.org/~julian/bsdinstaller_install/16.png
> >
> > I think this menu should be changed, so one could select not only the
> > slice size but also where it begins. Ideally this should be defined by
> > three numbers: 'start sector', 'end sector' and 'size in sectors'.
> > Changing the 'size in sectors' should also change the 'end sector', and
> > changing 'start sector' or 'end sector' should also change the 'size in
> > sectors', automatically.
> >
> The start position is defined by the previous "partitions" (bsd slices)
> on the disk.
> I would like to change it to accept size in MB, GB, TB, etc.

And if one wants to reserve some unallocated space at the beginning of
the disk? I understand, you're trying to make partitioning a simple task
but sometimes doing it by an advanced way may also be needed. One, who
wants to partition the disk by the simple way, will use just the third
number, i.e. the size (in sectors or in MB).