Re: FreeBSD is now self-hosting on the UltraSPARC T1

From: Xin LI <delphij_at_delphij.net>
Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 13:30:42 +0800
Hi, Kip,

在 2006-05-20六的 22:19 -0700,Kip Macy写道:
> I'm proud to announce that FreeBSD on the T1 is now stable enough that
> it can "make buildworld" natively.

That's great news!  Thanks for the hard work!

> The source is currently available in perforce under the view
> //depot/projects/kmacy_sun4v/... I probably won't roll it back into

I will try to see if I can get access to an UltraSPARC T1 box at company
to try this out.

> CVS until the logical domaining support is done. I'm looking forward
> to receiving input from individuals who plan to deploy it to find out
> what workloads to target in performance tuning.

I think that to encourage more tests, you would probably want to provide
a downloadable copy of the output of "p4 diff" since we do not provide
anonymous p4 access for outside developers (yet) :-)

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij delphij net>    http://www.delphij.net/