Re: FreeBSD is now self-hosting on the UltraSPARC T1

From: Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC <chad_at_shire.net>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 10:25:05 -0600
On May 21, 2006, at 7:54 PM, m m wrote:

> While
> on topic, the Opterons aren't SMP either, and neither are the
> ht-Xeons...

I would like t\o hear the rational for the Opterons (presumably the
dual core ones) not being SMP.  They have two independent operating
cores in one physical package.  Who cares how it is packaged?  I
would tend to agree with you on the ht-Xeon in terms of general
descriptions.  I do not know as well how the ht-xeon work as I don't
use any but it seems to me that the "SMP" moniker, at least in
FreeBSD, relate to how things are scheduled.

Btw, Opteron MB with a single dual-core ship get a BIOS report on
Boot of having 2 CPUs...

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC