Re: FreeBSD's embedded agenda

From: Olivier Gautherot <olivier_at_gautherot.net>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 23:49:16 +0200
Poul-Henning, I got your point. I'll put together a summary of today's
discussions and a couple of ideas I have to define a list of requirements and
give a direction to the design. I've worked on a (simplistic) Flash file system
in the past and will include this experience too. I'll copy you on tyhe doc to
raise a red flag in case I head in a bad direction ;-)

Cheers
  Olivier

> Paul, you clearly understand the constraints of Flash, but it also
> seems to me that you have never given any thought to how a filesystem
> could benefit from knowing these and in doing so, help how to
> mitigate the issues.
>
> I wish I could be more specific to guide you and others onto the
> right track here, but for now I will have to reiterate:  Tailor
> the filesystem to flash devices, there are so many benefits to
> be had that way.
>
> --
> phk_at_FreeBSD.ORG         | TCP/IP since RFC 956

Olivier Gautherot
olivier_at_gautherot.net
Tel: +56 8 730 9361