Re: FreeBSD's embedded agenda

From: <gnn_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 17:59:22 +0900
At Thu, 25 May 2006 13:24:13 +0200,
Poul-Henning Kamp wrote:

> Advocacy
> --------
>
> Right now we do nearly nothing.
>
> For our "reference platforms" we need two part webpages.
>
> The first half: "to get FreeBSD running on this kit, download
> this and do that", with pictures, arrows and config file lines etc.
>
> The second half: "Here is how to build this image on your own"
>
> We also need white-papers, HOW-TO's, magazine articles and so on.
>
> Nobody really owned up to any of this.

I actually was dumb enough to own up to this.  I have been collecting
information off of small_at_ as well as private emails to put into a set
of web pages.  I have also registered embeddedfreebsd.org/net/com and
freebsdembedded.org/net/com.  I'm working with the FreeBSD admins on
whether or not I'll host pages directly on freebsd.org or go with the
current Trusted BSD model of hosting them myself.  Long run it would
be best to be on freebsd.org

I should have rudimentary pages within the week.

Later,
George