[HEADSUP] Improved NFS export support for different filesystems

From: Craig Rodrigues <rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 12:09:40 -0400
Hi,

I have committed a bunch of changes to FreeBSD-CURRENT
to improve support of NFS exporting different filesystems in FreeBSD.

Before, the FreeBSD mountd program would only NFS export
UFS, cd9660, msdosfs, and NTFS.

I have removed that limitation.  Now, if a filesystem
properly supports the "update" and "export" mount options,
then it should be able to export with mountd.

For example, I have been able to export XFS (read-only).

If people could test out my changes by NFS exporting different
filesystems with mountd, and let me know if there are any
problems, I would appreciate it.  My changes are in FreeBSD-CURRENT
only right now.

--
Craig Rodrigues
rodrigc_at_crodrigues.org