Re: [RFC] Removal of Fortran from the base system

From: Lyndon Nerenberg <lyndon_at_orthanc.ca>
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 21:12:50 -0700
On May 26, 2006, at 8:53 PM, Peter Jeremy wrote:

> - Nothing in the base system depends on FORTRAN.

I'm sure you could make that argument for half of the programs in /
usr/bin.

I don't have a problem with unbundling per-se.  I do have a problem
with the totally specious arguments that have been put forth so far
to justify Fortran's removal.  If there are real reasons for it,
let's hear them.

--lyndon