Re: timer goes sluggish

From: Gary Jennejohn <garyj_at_jennejohn.org>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 21:30:24 +0200
Jeremie Le Hen writes:
> IOW, using ACPI-fast as timecounter leads to have "sleep 1" actually
> sleep for 6~7 seconds.  Using TSC as timecounter is even weirder since it
> desynchronize the computer's clock.

This isn't necessarily an accurate statement, as proved by this output on
my machine:

garyj:peedub:freebsd:-bash:23> sysctl kern.timecounter.hardware
kern.timecounter.hardware: ACPI-fast
garyj:peedub:freebsd:-bash:24> while : ; do date ; sleep 1 ; done
Mon May 29 21:26:34 CEST 2006
Mon May 29 21:26:35 CEST 2006
Mon May 29 21:26:36 CEST 2006
Mon May 29 21:26:37 CEST 2006
Mon May 29 21:26:38 CEST 2006
Mon May 29 21:26:39 CEST 2006
Mon May 29 21:26:40 CEST 2006
Mon May 29 21:26:41 CEST 2006
Mon May 29 21:26:42 CEST 2006

and so on ad nauseum.

No problem on my machine. Must be something specific to your set up.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyjATjennejohnDOTorg gjATfreebsdDOTorg garyjATdenxDOTde