Re: libpthread shared library version number

From: Daniel Eischen <deischen_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 16:39:56 -0500 (EST)
On Thu, 2 Nov 2006, Maxim Sobolev wrote:

> Daniel Eischen wrote:
>>>  I think more important would be to know
>>> the plans regarding the symbol versioning in 7.0-RELEASE; if the
>>> plan is to have them versioned, then I think we should sync shlib
>>> majors bumping with this change.
>>
>> I agree that we should do this at the same time.
>
> So far I fail to see any sensible reason for this. We can bump now and turn
> versioning later when we are ready. Not a big deal.

It just makes for less turmoil in -current.  If you run with
libraries before symver is enabled, then if you try using
packages built on a more recent machine with symver, then
those packages won't work.  Not too big a deal, but if we
know we are going to enable symver, then why not do both at
the same time?

--
DE