Re: keep ports updated

From: Riemer Palstra <riemer_at_palstra.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2006 13:51:37 +0100
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 03:46:24AM -0800, gahn wrote:
> I have 6.1 installed and trying to get those ports up
> to date. I did run "portupgrade -v" and the results show all of them
> were "up-to-date with port". but it is not true; for example, nagios
> is still 2.0 instead of 2.5.

Running portupgrade is good, but only half of the process :)

> how could I truely get those ports up to date as listed on freebsd.org
> site?

You also need to get your ports tree to stay up to date, try using
portsnap, csup or cvsup (in that order). As it probably will be the
first time you run it, portsnap fetch, portsnap extract, and after that,
regularly run portsnap fetch, portsnap update.

--
Riemer Palstra		     		      Amsterdam, The Netherlands
riemer_at_palstra.com				 http://www.palstra.com/