Re: libpthread vs libthr.

From: David Xu <davidxu_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 17:01:25 +0800
On Monday 13 November 2006 12:20, Chris wrote:

> Interesting libthr can use system or process scope?  as far as I am
> aware it was using whatever the default is for libthr.
>
> Chris

FreeBSD 6.1, the default is libthr uses process scope, but I know
mysql explicitly uses system scope thread unless you forced it
to use process scope(there is a knob in the ports's Makefile).
if the mysql uses system scope (the default), you should see
the same effect with libpthread, i.e you said it starved your
server.

David Xu