"device apic" required for atheros wireless driver?

From: Neil Short <neshort_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Nov 2006 20:55:33 -0800 (PST)
I finally tracked down the pesky ath0 timeouts (I
think).

I just installed from scratch FreeBSD current as of
20061105.

Everything worked marvelously. I then trimmed down my
kernel in the usual manner and my ath0 device started
timing out -- so bad it couldn't even stay up long
enough to run dhclient.

I went back to GENERIC and started trimming stuff down
a little at a time - recompiling each time. Yes, this
takes a very long time.

finally it became evident that, at least on my system,
"device apic" under the "SMP kernel" section of the
configuration file seems to be required.

Any idea why this might be?

======
Now I, Nebuchadnezzar, praise and extol and honor the King of heaven, for all his works are truth, and his ways are justice; and he is able to bring low those who walk in pride.
Daniel 4:37

Sponsored Link

Degrees online in as fast as 1 Yr
MBA, Bachelor's, Master's, Assoc