Re: November HEAD Snapshots available...

From: Giorgos Keramidas <keramida_at_freebsd.org>
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2006 01:49:55 +0200
On 2006-11-18 15:45, Ken Smith <kensmith_at_cse.Buffalo.EDU> wrote:

> From the "better late than never" Department...
>
> Sorry I think I got distracted by 6.2-RELEASE stuff at the wrong time
> and forgot to announce that November's HEAD snapshots are available.
> They've been on the FTP sites for quite a while now.
>
> ISOs are available at the "predictable" place:
>
>   ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots/200611/

Cool!  A big thanks to all involved in preparing these builds.

One of the earlier snapshots of 7.0-CURRENT proved invaluable
when I bought my current laptop.  Its fxp0 interface was not
recognized correctly by a FreeSBIE bootable CD-ROM (based on
6.X), but worked absolutely fine with a 7.0-CURRENT snapshot
installation.

Since I was going to upgrade to CURRENT anyway, having these
snapshots was something which I was immensely grateful for.

Thanks again :-)))