Re: cvs commit: src/sys/dev/bce if_bce.c src/sys/dev/em if_em.c if_em.h src/sys/dev/mpt mpt.h mpt_pci.c

From: Jia-Shiun Li <jiashiun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 17:46:45 +0800
My em0 stops working a few seconds after booting. And there are
watchdog timeout messages.
I tried kldunload it (I load it as module in loader.conf) and reload.
Pinging other hosts get only the first few ~10 replies. Adding
hw.pci.enable_msi[x]=0 to loader.conf solves this problem.

dmesg output before and after disabling msi are attached. The only
difference meaningful to me is the irq vector assignment from PCI IRQ
96 to MSI IRQ 256. Not sure if this is a bug in MSI or buggy ACPI
bios.

BTW when I kldunload if_em, something (devd?) automatically reload it
again immediately. How to stop this behavior?

Jia-Shiun.