Re: if_ef rotten

From: Antony Mawer <fbsd-current_at_mawer.org>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 08:05:05 +1100
On 23/11/2006 10:55 PM, Robert Watson wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Nov 2006, Kostik Belousov wrote:
>
>> When trying to kldload if_ef (on yesterday CURRENT/amd64, with WITNESS
>> and almost all debugging enabled), I got a lot of "malloc(M_WAITOK) of
>> "XXX", forcing M_NOWAIT with the following non-sleepable locks held:
>> ... ifnet ..."
>>
>> Is it rotten ? (No, I do not use it, just noted it when doing some
>> other testing work).
>
> There are three general classes of problems with if_ef:

If you are looking for any testers of if_ef-related work, we use it
quite heavily (with nwfs and IPX), although my -CURRENT test machine is
currently in pieces, so I haven't done any testing on -CURRENT just at
the moment! If you need any additional information from a in-use
environment, patches to be tested, etc, I'll volunteer...

--Antony