Re: freebsd-update the src ?

From: LI Xin <delphij_at_delphij.net>
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 22:01:03 +0800
Henry Vogt wrote:

> After using the new portsnap utility for a while with great success, i
> tried to update the (current) src tree with the
> also new freebsd-update utility, but  all i got (tried several times
> within several weeks) is:
>
> # freebsd-update fetch
> Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 1 mirrors found.
> Fetching public key from update1.FreeBSD.org... failed.
> No mirrors remaining, giving up.
>

> Did i miss something or isn't it just ready for use ?
> Thanx in advance for any insight.

freebsd-update is a binary update tool which is typically used to do
binary updates, e.g. 6.1-p9 -> 6.1-p10, etc.  I'm not sure whether it's
on Colin's world domination plan to have a src/ update as well :-)

I think the base version of freebsd-update would be ready (with
update.FreeBSD.org, of course) at the time we will release 6.2-R.

Cheers,
--
Xin LI <delphij_at_delphij.net>	http://www.delphij.net/
FreeBSD - The Power to Serve!