Re: Latest Broadcom NDIS driver requires 4 additional functions

From: Nathan Vidican <nvidican_at_wmptl.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2006 08:48:40 -0500
Rainer Alves wrote:
>> Scot Hetzel wrote:
>>> I'm trying to upgrade my ndis driver from version 3.100.64.0 to
>>> 4.40.19.0, but when I try to load the driver I get a Fatal trap 12
>>> error.
>>> [...]
>> However under FreeBSD + NDIS, the led is always red and the chip is
>> never properly activated.
>
> Replying to myself, the new driver works... I get a "no match for
> MmGetPhysicalAddress" when kldload'ing, a "fpudna in kernel mode" when
> doing a ifconfig, but overrall it works fine.
> Thanks for the hint.
>
> --
> Rainer Alves

May be a dumb question... but I have the same laptop (HP Pavilion
dv8000, 6.2-RC1/amd64) and have been unable to get it working nor debug
myself... how/where did you upgrade the freebsd/ndis driver from;
where/which windows driver files did you use? Are the ndis driver
patches mentioned in this thread committed to CVS, or must it (the
patch) be manually applied to the tree and the kernel re-compiled?

--
Nathan Vidican
nvidican_at_wmptl.com