Re: FreeBSD 6.1 and 6.2 i386 firewall or NAT block web mail applications

From: fulan Peng <fulanpeng_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 18:51:27 -0500
Yes. You may be right. But I fixed it the other way. I did not
understand it. I just changed
 ${fwcmd} add fwd 127.0.0.1,8843 tcp from any to any 443 in keep-state
 ${fwcmd} add fwd 127.0.0.1,8843 tcp from any to any 443 in via tun0 keep-state
Now everything is working. I am using pppoe. tun0 is another interface
dealing with ppp.  In local network, we have to use https://ip:8843,
but from outsided, poeple can use https://ip to get my web server with
SSL.
By the way, I used FIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT and recompile the kernel.
Tell you another trick: the GENERIC kernel is working for pppoe. But
when you recompile with firewall, it won't work for pppoe any more.
You have to add options NETGRAPH, options NETGRAPH_PPPOE and
NETGRAPH_SOCKET.
Besides, you cannot delete device keyboard. If you delete device
keyboard, you won't type anything when it prompt login: