DESTDIR problems ...

From: Vincent Blondel <vincent_at_xtra-net.org>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 14:15:10 +0100 (CET)
Hello,

I just finalized a Makefile making a complete apache jail machine. For
this I used a common

  'make DESTDIR=jail_path install clean'

But I noticed this does not work with all ports. For info, these packages
give me problems perl5.8 m4 p5-Locale-gettext autoconf259 apache20.

Nevertheless, I found a workaround by first making a package and install
it after in the jail machine.

For example, I noticed 'install phase' (apache20) makes problems with
variable PREFIX that is not defined with PREFIX=DESTDIR+PREFIX. This is
just an example but there are others.

Can somebody say me if these problems are known, if these bugs are being
solved  ??

Vincent.