Re: Can't mount cdrom

From: Beech Rintoul <freebsd_at_alaskaparadise.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 22:16:45 -0800
On Saturday 30 September 2006 21:58, Daniel O'Connor wrote:
> On Sunday 01 October 2006 11:26, Beech Rintoul wrote:
> \> I also have the proper entry in fstab. Problem is when I try and do a
> mount
>
> > either "mount  /cdrom" or "mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /cdrom" it just
> > hangs and does nothing. The CD is mountable (I just tried it on a 6.1
> > box). I can however access the drive with k3b. I really need this working
> > as a lot of my data is on CD. This was working until just recently. I'm
> > running -CURRENT from yesterday.
>
> A full dmesg would probably be helpful..
>
> Also try booting in verbose mode and perhaps fiddling with the modes using
> atacontrol.

Thanks for the reply, Ruslan's heads up post solved the problem.

Make sure to add "options COMPAT_FREEBSD6" to your custom kernel
config files, or things like X.Org will refuse to work with the
new kernel that includes fixed ioctl(2) API.  Recompiling the
relevant ports is another option.

Seems that it's not an option.

Beech

Beech Rintoul - Sys. Administrator - beech_at_alaskaparadise.com
/"\   ASCII Ribbon Campaign  | Alaska Paradise
\ / - NO HTML/RTF in e-mail  | 201 East 9Th Avenue Ste.310
/ \  - Please visit Alaska Paradise - http://www.alaskaparadise.com