Re: sound/driver/hda and ia64

From: Ariff Abdullah <ariff_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 05:34:18 +0800
On Mon, 2 Oct 2006 17:12:37 -0400
John Baldwin <jhb_at_freebsd.org> wrote:
[....]

> > I guess these are what we're looking for. I can't tell whether it
> > really works or not (finding such buggy hardware is quite
> > difficult), but this will make lot of things easier for drivers.
> >
> > Any objections? I guess you should go ahead, John.
>
> It needs testing. :)  Can you find a victim?

:)

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2006-August/004594.html

.. but that would be RELENG_6, without your pmap_* . Using classic
vtopte/invltlb() seems to solve his problem towards certain extend.
I guess those pmap_* will do a better job for that.

--
Ariff Abdullah
FreeBSD

... Recording in stereo is obviously too advanced
    and confusing for us idiot ***** users :P ........