Re: Sata controller headache / good and cheap sata controller?

From: Paul Bliss <pbliss_at_mechno.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:39:10 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks for the reply, Richard.

Finding a passable sata controller has been very frustrating. I at first
had a Silicon Images controller which my first round of research indicated
would be ok, but later found more info that reported some bad behavior
(after the machine was being depended upon, of course)
  Then I switched to this Promise FastTrak tx2300, which again, people were
saying some good things about. Ugh.

So does anyone know of a cheap SATA controller (Raid is unimportant) that
will work well with FreeBSD 6.1?

Thanks for reading and helping.

-Paul Bliss