Re: Sata controller headache / good and cheap sata controller?

From: Jia-Shiun Li <jiashiun_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 20:25:46 +0800
Paul,

I suppose you are looking for PCI cards since these days mainboards
with pci-e slots also have many sata ports on them. So JMicron does
not apply here. You may want to try Promise cards.

Since almost all chipsets now have built-in sata ports, it is getting
harder to find various cheap add-on cards on market to choose from.

Jia-Shiun.