Re: Asus A8V hangs during pci probe on fresh -CURRENT

From: JoaoBR <joao_at_matik.com.br>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2006 19:38:44 -0200
On Saturday 21 October 2006 17:39, Nicolas Blais wrote:
> Also, the A8V is not a PCIe system.

this MB is eval and has serious issues by assigning IO addresses and it do not
matter which OS you use

depending on what you stick into the PCI slots it does not even go to OS boot
(ie Adaptec 29320 + DFE-580) independent of BIOS config or slot you stick it
in, other PCI devices cause exactly what you say but I can tell only about
releng_6. The latest BIOS version I tested was 2.21 what hangs by default on
USB and no comments from Asus(when they know better they normally respond),
you may want to try BIOS 2.19 which seems to work best

--

Joćo