Re: no kld in minidumps

From: Devon H. O'Dell <devon.odell_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 14:28:54 -0400
2006/8/20, Maxim Konovalov <maxim_at_macomnet.ru>:
> On Fri, 18 Aug 2006, 20:59+0300, Andriy Gapon wrote:
>
> > on 18/08/2006 20:50 Dmitry Pryanishnikov said the following:

> > >   Hmm, isn't this the task for asf(8). If not, what is asf(8) for?
> >
> > This is a very nice command, thank you! But it does not seem to be
> > directly applicable to postmortem situation i.e. crash dump
> > debugging. Or maybe it will be easier to teach kldstat to work with
> > dumps/images in addition to what it does now ?
>
> There is some support in /usr/src/tools/debugscripts/ but I didn't try
> it recently.  To make it work you need to to do smth like that:
>
> cd /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC/ && make gdbinit

>From what I could tell, these were for remote debugging. I've written
a shellscript that wraps calling gdb -k (since we're using 4.x at the
shop). I'm not quite sure how to translate it into kgdb-feasible stuff
since kgdb doesn't have -x or -batch. If anybody would like to give me
pointers, I'd be glad to wrap it for either.

It's available at http://databits.net/~dho/load_syms.txt

--dho