Interesting lock issue mtx_flags = 0x6?

From: Randall Stewart <rrs_at_cisco.com>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2006 07:44:08 -0400
Hi all:

I am hunting a different bug (crash) in my SCTP code.. and I ran
across an interesting issue.

The kernel crashed in mtx_lock() at line 544.. looking
at the kernel core... I see the mtx_flags is set to 0x6
(MTX_RELEASED|MTX_CONTESTED)... The turnstile was
empty as well..

My last update to kern_mutex.c was about August 15th..

Is this a known issue? Should I try cvsup'ing and see
if I can reproduce it.. or does anyone with a lot
more knowledge on how the locking is supposed to work
want to look at this before I cvsup and loose the ability
to kgdb it (I would be glad to give access to anyone that
wants to poke around on the machine).

 From my limited look at the atomic's that are going on
here I can't see how you could get 0x6 ever set in
the flags.. and of course this is also assumed in
the lock code and is why it crashes...

Let me know if anyone is interested in looking at this..

Randall Stewart
NSSTG - Cisco Systems Inc.
803-345-0369 <or> 815-342-5222 (cell)