Re: Attempt #3, adding a new command 'sfilter'

From: Maxim Sobolev <sobomax_at_FreeBSD.org>
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2006 18:11:09 -0700
Why not just write simple 5-line script in your favorite scripting
language (perl, python, ruby etc) that does just this and forget about
it? I don't think performance is really a concern here since the most
time this program will spend waiting for the I/O anyway, so that doing
it in C makes little or no sense.

IMHO this is one of the reasons we do have all those lightweight
languages around - to avoid having separate utility and/or command line
option for each and every particular situation.

-Maxim