Re: LSI 1030 mpt doesn't work if I build a new kernel

From: Matthew Jacob <lydianconcepts_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2006 21:56:34 -0700

> Is the LSI-MPT BIOS disabled on your machine?  I found that I had to
> start enabling it, otherwise the driver does something at boot that
> makes the MPT chip stop responding.  It didn't use to be that way.

*shrug*

For LSI-MPT BIOS that comes from a motherboard rather than being on a
card, you *have* to have it enabled for it to function at all as the
microcode is loaded by the BIOS. Claiming that it  "didn't use to be
that way" seems a bit odd. But feel free to file a bug at
http://www.feral.com/bugzilla.